Monday, August 6, 2012

July 29th 2011

Walked to get beer today. The street was busy and hot like always, reminding of that October I moved here and shoved a mattress on the roof of my blue car so I had somewhere to sleep. The concrete roasts the city during the day, and in the evening it decays into the night. Late July and August are prime times for some one to go nuts - just absolute apeshit- on a bender of sun lamp heat and cheap booze.

One year I gave my best friend a bloody nose.

I made it across the street and right before the gas station where they sold Coors Light, I passed a couple walking arm lengths apart. The man was talking about software, and the woman was hanging by a thread, barely even threatened by my staggering presence.

They hardly recognized anything outside their world, and I thought, how boring couples are. But in some way that the lights on the North side of the bridge some how inspire, I envied them. And wish I had stood there looking at the water, instead of looking for paper towels to make Alex's nose stop bleeding all over the god damn street.



No comments:

Post a Comment