Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Waiting for Rainy Day Buffalo Chicken

Factory ejaculates pollutants into the air in short, rapid bursts. Puff-puff-pufft. The sky groans as it grudgingly accepts the offering-like a lover half out the door, it has no choice but to accept. The favor is returned though as it begins to rain, and the cycle continues. Water tumbling down through a rip in the sky. Puddles rainbow slickened with oil. Fat middle aged white americans scurry their offspring from home to SUV less they catch a chill. I can't help but think-millons of years of evolution, for this? Grant me some time to ponder this dismal evaluation, this cynical revelation, so i can at least perform and perfect some art to reflect this cold harsh realization.

Standing here in this air conditioned building in some anonymous, blood thirsty corporate belly i can't help but think that I've forgotten what I'm looking for. Perhaps I left it all behind up in those mountains, where the sun could not reach and the rain always fell. How silly of me and how serious of my drugs. Of my friends. Some of the best/worst minds in this country are products of a consumerism society as they wait tables at a bar all day long then go drink themselves to death slowly at other bars. In this town, the caged bird doesn't sing, it drunkenly weeps as it swerves home.

Thus Spake Thujonu

No comments:

Post a Comment